Hi all, due to my very crowded work schedule, and less than stellar photography skills, I am looking for photographers for color swatches. I am taking auditions as of now and the requirements are listed below. Serious photographers only please!
1. All submissions need to go to email@example.com, submissions to the main DEC email will not be considered.
2. You must be based in the United States, or a US Military facility with a qualifying APO or FPO address (due to the very high cost of international shipping).
3. You will need to provide several samples of your work, either by attachment or links to your swatches, preferably DEC colors, but they don’t have to be. Please provide samples of a variety of shade types, i.e. mattes, shimmery but non-sparkly colors, sparkly colors, duo and tri-chrome colors.
4. You will be notified whether or not you are selected, if you are not, you may submit further examples of your work to be reconsidered.
5. If you are selected to do photography, you will need to be able to submit your work within a 2-week time frame after receiving your materieals from DEC. If you cannot meet this requirement, DEC may be able to give you more time, but please communicate this need in advance.
6. Each photographer will be responsible for a 10-color set, and will receive a full size of each color in a 2″x2″ baggie without a proper label, but ingredient sheets will be provided. Unfortunately, DEC cannot provide sets that are all Vegan, or don’t exclude any Vegan shades, so please take that into consideration before submitting your work. This will be considered full compensation for your work, and no additional compensation will be forthcoming.
7. Some colors in your set may not have a name, but just a number designation. IF you would like to name these colors, DEC will be happy to consider your name, if not, DEC will name them later. Names need to be in keeping with the theme of the named colors. No obscene or vulgar names, or names that might be considered offensive, will be considered.
8. Once your photos are ready for DEC, you will upload them to the server I will provide.
9. If you have preferences in colors, for example neutrals or brights, please specify! I can’t promise you’ll get your preference, but I’ll try!
10. Photographers of color are encouraged to submit! DEC may send out the same set to more than one photographer if photographers of varied skin tones submit. DEC would be thrilled to provide swatches of various skin tones to our very diverse customer base.
And that’s about it! Thank you to everyone in advance! xo Dawn